Givelify’s mobile donation platform is transforming the world of mobile giving and we are looking for an experienced Full Stack Engineer to join our team.
This is a great opportunity to join our fast-growing company with perks — like founding team member stock options — that are only available to ground-floor team members. Our agile team has an infectiously positive attitude and a drive to win.
If you’re looking to be part-owner of a highly promising and expanding company (not just a job), the potent gratification of taking a feisty startup to successful exit, a fun environment, fast computers and great peers, you have come to the right place. Come join us as we revolutionize the world of mobile giving!
As our ideal teammate:
- An excellent problem solver with a strong background in front-end and full-stack development environments.
- You want to build a stunning front-end experience and desire to dive deep and contribute within our backend platform.
- You enjoy working with small to mid-sized development teams.
- You like being self-led but highly aligned with your teammates; we develop fast, and align daily.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, hard-working, self-motivated and confident
- You love to learn new technologies quickly and to pivot as our team evolves the project; today we use PHP (Yii), Node.js, React, Python, Spark, and Big Data technologies such as ElasticSearch.
- You have an interest in open source projects where you will contribute to the open source security space to give back to the larger security community.
What you will do
- Architect enterprise solutions using software engineering MVC best practices on LAMP stack
- Implement OWASP security principles in web services and applications
- Build robust distributed systems
- Build out real-time analytics and reporting dashboards that are optimized for big data and synced across multiple devices and systems
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of the various data persistence layers.
- Maintain and implement scalable ETL processes to minimize reporting latency.
- Develop new tools to smartly measure and monitor application and infrastructure health at scale.
Integrate credit card and ACH payment processing
If you have:
- 5+ years of experience in building large scale distributed applications.
- Excellent object-oriented development skills.
- Deep understanding of database design principles, optimization of databases for big data environment, structuring of queries for fast responses
- Experience in ElasticSearch is a huge plus.
- Past experience in significant cross-functional engineering efforts.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine, etc.).
- Deep understanding of big O notation and algorithm complexity analysis
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent degree.